Posted by 3Blups on 11:07 PM
on Mar 25, 2009

You're not lost..... you just need directions


I received this through mail...

One day a traveler in a remote country town, convinced that he was on the wrong road, came to a halt in a village. Calling one of the villagers to the car window, he said

"Friend, I need help. I'm lost"

The villager looked at him for a moment.... "Do you know where you are?" he asked.

"Yes," said the traveler. "I saw the name of the town as I entered."

The man nodded his head, "Do you know where you want to be?"

"Yes," the traveler replied.

"You're not lost," he said, "you just need directions."


=======================================================================


Many of us are in the same position as the traveler. We know where we are - sometimes disappointed, dissatisfied, and experiencing little peace of mind. And we know where we want to be - at peace, fulfilled and living life abundantly. Like the traveler, we are not lost - we just need directions.

It doesn't take much to find the high road to success, but to reach it you need an agenda for the present. We all need directions for today. We need a purpose...

Lately I'd been thinking much on my own future. What dreams do I have and am I really walking towards it? Somehow my memories seems to fallback to those days in primary school when the homeroom teacher asked us what we want to be?

I still remembered the popular choices were Doctors, Engineers, Businessman and even Teachers!! I vaguely remembered for the 6 years I'd put in "Doctor" as my future job. But I'd grown to be realistic when I'm in Form Six. Science is something I like but not something I want to be... End up, my current ambition? Whatever will do as long as I'll be rich in the end. But with the pace I'm running at I will never get anywhere. I need directions desperately.

Before that, some random ranting....
My new Big Boss came in last week and we are all pushed towards our extreme limit (meetings starts at 7 and 6, that's 7.00 A.M and 6.00 P.M) so our new working time is "officially" 7 to 7. He set the bars really high for us and he showed us clearly the directions on the first day itself. No doubt he is a leader... But he's taking things too extreme I would say. Having a vision and fulfilling a 2 years vision in 1 week is too damn extreme...

SO back to the directions, yes now I have my directions, albeit still a little blurry but the fog is lifting up. I'm walking towards my goal at the expense of my health, life and also youth? I just noticed how my life had became of lately. My daily routine :

1. reached workplace at 6.45am
2. meetings at 7.00am / study the market till 8.45am
3. work till 12.20pm
4. lunch till 1.00pm
5. work till 5.45pm
6. meeting starts / if none, go home
7. study since i failed my fucking exam
8. sleep at 1.00am
9. repeats 1 again

I wonder how many years can i go on like this... my new boss is even proposing something more extreme...

1. reached workplace at 6.45am
2. meetings at 7.00am / study the market till 8.45am
3. work till 12.20pm
4. lunch till 1.00pm
5. work till 5.45pm
6. meeting starts / if none, go home
7. meet clients for dinner / socializing till like 10.00pm?
8. study since i failed my fucking exam
9. sleep at 2.30am?
10. repeats 1 again

hopefully i'll pass it this sitting, i could really get some good rest... I need it desperately...

Come, count how old you are....

0 comments:

Search