Posted by Mr Zhong on 10:30 PM
on Mar 7, 2009

Mind all of you, as much as we can hope for a better results or impact of
the policy implemented, we should give more time to it instead of having
flip-flop decisions from now and then. It is the students that suffers from
flip-flop decisions when comes to education issue, not others. Dont fix what is
not broken and 2 wrongs does not make 1 right.



After I finished my spm, I got a choice to whether to pursue my further studies in Form 6 or A-Level. Well, in the end, after series of discussions with my family members and friends, I decided to take up Form 6 with the intention to enter into Malaysia local Universities.

That was way back in the year of 2003, and that was the year where the government of the day(hereinafter referred as gomen) implemented a policy into our education system to teach math and science in english after long debates for them to actually find out that the importance of the english language in this modern globalisation era. At that point in time, the english standards in the country has dropped to a very serious level which nearing the borderline of untolerable.

My english standards is just mediore, so for me to actually come out with such a statement, it shows how bad it was the situation back then.

When the gomen announced that policy, perhaps I was one of the first person who welcome such a policy though there are a lot of uncertainties lurking somewhere in my mind. One would ask, what are there to be uncertain about? The policy do affects me as well, as my batch would be the first batch (Form 6) that the math and english subjects will be taught in english after all the years that i been learning it in bahasa malayu (Malaysia's formal language). Initially, I was a bit anxious mainly because I was worried that I couldnt cope with the sudden change in language medium for those subjects.

After months of adjusting myself to the new implemented policy, I started get used to it and as the matter of facts, I becoming more comfortable to it to a certain extent.

Today, 7th March 2009, its been 6 years after the policy was implemented, a big hoo-haa took place, where a huge rally demonstration protest took place in the center of Kuala Lumpur. I was walking on the street to college where i saw this huge group of people holding banner and stuff rallying on the street causing massive traffic jams everywhere, with curiousity creeps into me, I decided to walk nearer to find out what was it all about and even took photos with it on my handphone. Initially I thought they are protesting about some HUGE issues, about abolishing ISA (Internal Security Act), or about Constitutional issues, or maybe about human rights...ya da ya da. But i was stunned when I look closely to one of those banners that they are holding....

JESUS CHRIST!! THOSE RETARDS ARE PROTESTING ABOUT TEACHING MATH AND SCIENCE SUBJECTS IN ENGLISH~! WTH, WTF IS GOING ON?!? ( no, my capslock is not stucked, but i rather put it in capital words to emphasize on how ridiculous can that be ) Yes, I was so disappointed with the cause of their demonstration, where there are other major issues that has been going on in this country which I just stated above. For those who can actually smell what am i going to write next, that would be good, for those who dont know, dont worry. Just keep on reading it.

[TL;DR version: PLAIN RANT ABOUT THE PROTEST ON SUCH A PEANUT SIZE ISSUE ]
TL;DR means Too long; Didnt Read


-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Its been good 6 years that the gomen implemented the policy to teach math and science subjects in english. Millions of ringgit has been poured into various programmes to ensure that the policy work. Thousands of teachers were being put under english courses to ensure that they are capable teaching those subjects in english. Yes, many argued that the policy did not turn out the way we all want it to be, it still did not meet up the standards that we are hoping for. You (readers) can disagree with whatever i said here and having your own opinion on certain matters are your rights.

BUT what i can tell is that, by implementing it, at least we are heading towards the right direction, ie to improve the english language standards in the young generations for them to compete in such a competitive modern era of globalisation. I am sure a lot do agree with me that we are on the right track atm and all we need is more time to actually see the positive impacts and results of the policy.

To me, I think the gomen did made a wrong move by announcing that they are going to do a review on the effect of the policy after 6 years of implementing it. Whats with the sudden decision to review it now?! What they do not realised is that, by announcing so, they actually opened the pandora's box. To be honest, I dont really know if they actually forsee all these nonsenses coming by doing so, or maybe they purposely does that. This has given opportunity to those opportunists to take advantage of it for personal political gains.

From the crowd that i saw today, it does not only consists of teenagers and adults, but i even saw some kids tagging along. I did asked myself a question, if I were to randomly pick one of those teenagers or even kids from the crowd and ask them what are they protesting about, chances are, they dont even know that they are actually 'protesting' about and I would not blame them, since they are still too young to understand the nature of it. As for adults, I dare to say that, some of them do not know the nature or reason for the protest that they are doing at that time. This is what saddens me the most. They are being used and yet they do not realise it, could not get any more retarder (theres no such word as retarder right? T.T ) than that.

I will go all out condemn all those mofos politicians out there who are using every opportunity they have by using all means necessary in trying to garner supports from the public. If theres anyone with the right to complain about this issue, it will be the students themselves not politicians. Some students might be facing difficulties due to the implementation of such policy but if thats the ground for abolishing it all together doesnt seems proportionate though. Perhaps what we should do is to look into the matter thoroughly and make amendments to it and not abandoning it after all the efforts and resources that being put in.

For those who didnt realise, all the retard demostrations about this issue are being brought up by politicians who are trying to be champion of their own races, malay, chinese, indians, all the same. 'We must preserve our own language bla bla bla..standard lines there'. Seriously, for those who are doing so, please do me a favour, go fck yourself.

Mind all of you, as much as we can hope for a better results or impact of the policy implemented, we should give more time to it instead of having flip-flop decision from now and then. It is the students that suffers from flip-flop decisions when comes to education issue, not others. Dont fix what is it not broken and 2 wrongs does not make 1 right.

Please, Alas, I urge all of Malaysians, do not simply refer anything under the sky or pass any not-so-important memorandums to the YDP Agong. Even if you do, make sure it is about something significant or some paramount important issues not some petty petty issues such as teaching math and science in english. We have more major issues than that to worry about atm, ie to prepare ourselves for the global recession which getting worse each day.

Yes, I am getting a bit emo with the country now. Emo because our country in such a sad state atm and yet nothing much is done to actually improves it. Things which need to be done, is not done, things which are so trivial, are being prioritised. There are various of brilliant ideas and ways are being put forward by Tengku Razaleigh, a highly respectable veteran leader (http://razaleigh.com/) to improve our current state of the country were not even appear on the mainstream media for some reasons ( I will talk about that some other time ). To be honest, sometimes I do felt that this country is moving backwards because of personal agendas of all those who walk in the corridors of powers are being prioritised above the people.

I guess I will stop writing here as I am not an articulate person to start off with. I been getting a little too verbose again today and I know for a fact that some of the readers prefer to read some shorter type of posts but I dont have much choice today as the topic that I wrote above makes me feel like want to rant about it nonstop.
(edited)


=Mr Zhong=

0 comments:

Search