Posted by Mr Zhong on 1:27 AM
on Mar 24, 2009

I am a person who 'okay' with a consistent devil than an inconsistent angel. I can
always be putting myself on guard against devils but i cant be doing that all
the time against angels.


Yesterday, i went to one of the cyber cafe in KL with my cousin to play some online game to relax my brain a bit after long hours of classes. I was happened to put my name as 'Nurul Izzah' as my nickname because i personally thinks that she is hawwt. (For those who dont know who Nurul Izzah is, she is a MP and also the daughter of Dato Seri Anwar Ibrahim). During halfway playing, as usual, arguments started to heat up and players started to calling each other names and stuff like that. And guess what? Since Nurul Izzah is a malay name, and all these assholes cant even tell that it is just a nickname (Cuz they got no idea who Nurul Izzah is) and thought thats my name and started with all the racist nonsense remarks nonstop. Really wtf huh?

Okay, what i am going to write today is not just about my experience in cyber cafe yesterday. Its a widespread plague that i am going to discuss here, ie Racism.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really beh tahan (cannot stand) with all these ppl, what were they thinking when they making all those racist remarks? The more they making those remarks, the more i despise them, but does it matter to them? Nope. This is what i cannot tolerate, hypocrites.


It is a very typical situation where the younger generation of non-bumis, especially the chinese will keep complaining about how unfair the country treats them, how they were discriminated, how they were marginalised, how NEP gives the bumis huge advantage in every aspects of life...yada yada (the list goes on). But trust me, if you can simply pick one of those ah beng out in the cyber cafe and interview them what them about NEP, chances are, they will like having the biggest shock in their life, speechless. Thats because they dont even know whats NEP, they only complain complain non-stop not because they know NEP works, but they were being told that is it unfair, full stop.


Whenever a MP made a racist remark, everyone would be jumping up and down calling him to apologize and stripped off their MP status. Yes, thats what everyone would do, to criticize others ppl wrong doings without thinking if they are doing the same thing, being racist. I know the fact that its true that just because most ppl are doing the same thing doesnt mean MP was right in making racist remarks. Two wrongs does not make one right. I totally agree with that. Dont come and tell me that we are picking on them because they are MPs, thats why they need to show good examples to the ppl. Thats kind of ridiculous, isnt it?


My next question is, what is racist? So far i dont think theres a definite definition for that though, simply because the meaning of racist is so damn wide. Everyone is racist, trust me, it is just depends to what extent the level of racism is. I guess thats a human nature, that exists even in animal kingdom. All species do prefer they own kind on priority before the others, isnt it? i might be wrong though, if theres a species that dont prefer their own kind, please do let me know. Anyway, at least thats my stand i am taking here, that everyone is racist just with the differences in the level of racism. Dont believe me?


For example: ( A very hypothetical example, nothing malicious intended )
-> You were walking down a road near a park, where you suddenly heard someone screaming for help. You rushed towards the scene and you saw a lady was injured lying down unconscious on the floor and 2 men ( a white and a black ) were fighting against each other and theres a handbag on the floor. Which man is the culprit that first comes to your mind? Answers maybe varied from different ppl. Nice example huh?


Anyway, the level of racism in me is just mild, really mediocre, near negligible. = ) Thats a good thing isnt it? Well, i do make and take racist jokes and calling some of my friend names based on their skin colour and stuff. Thats for fun, nothing malicious. Same goes to malay who called chinese dudes as apeks, or indians as kelings..and vice versa. For those who are reading this shet right now, ask yourself now if you ever did that before huh? XD


However, when talks about political world, its even worse. After the so-called political tsunami on March 2008, theres been a big hu-ha going on saying that the ppl are tired of racial-based political parties (UMNO, MCA, MIC..etc -political parties) and start rejecting it. Neh~


I honestly think thats not true, ppl are rejecting the gomen of the day its because the way they run the gomen, the widespread corruptions, the going-backwards-economy...etc. If theres anyone rejecting it because it is race-based, it would not be the sole reason for it. I got no doubts that the gomen of the day are pretty racist in nature, some of them like to make racist remarks, for political gains, to garner supports from their own races. But some claimed that those race-based political parties are losing its relevancy fast in this 'new society', thats why people rejecting it and vote for non-racial parties, where the society care less about skin colour. This was supported by the fact that Barrack Obama elected as the first African-American US president (a better way to call a black person anyway).


I personally think it is still relevant, and it will remain relevant for a long time in Malaysia. Dont misquote me, I am all-out against racism but i am telling this is based on my own observation. Readers may have their own opinion about this whole racism issue. If theres anyone who wants to do away with all these racial nonsense, count me in and put me in the frontline. A world without racism, how ideal is that huh.


I do, at times, felt that, PR (Opposition alliances) are hyprocrites as well. They dont practice what they preached. They claimed that they are doing away with the racial issues.>_>
Proof? i can easily give a few good examples for that.


1. When Perak state were captured by PR, there has been a fiasco about the composition of races in the exco board. COME DA FCUK ON DUDES, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS? DOES IT MATTER? seriously, i wouldnt mind if all are represented by malays, or indians or without any chinese in the board as long as i am not deprived of anything and everything runs smoothly.

2. When the assembly men sworn in, theres another fiasco when a few dudes refused to wear songkok during the ceremony in the palace. Seriously, you dont lose ur race identity in wearing the head gear just for the ceremony. Its like saying once you eat nasi lemak and you lose your chinese identity. Ridiculous right?


So far, it seems like i have been keep bashing on the opposition parties huh? Sorry though, i am not a fan of either BN or PR. If i were to choose, of course i will choose the lesser evil between both. I do think PEE-AR deserves a chance to prove itself but if they cant shake things up til then, i will spoil my votes to show my dissatisfaction in the upcoming next general elections.


I am a person who 'respect' a consistent devil than an inconsistent angel. I can always be putting myself on guard against devils but i cant be doing that all the time against angels.


One might ask, whats my hunch about this whole racism issue? Well, in order to eradicate this whole racism issue, i guess a radical reform needs to be done especially towards the education system or we will never see the so-called 'Malaysia For Malaysians' country, at least not in another 50 years to come. Just my hunch anyway, and i am not someone who is significant enough to be taken notice of. Lets just take a step at the time and lets hope for a better tomorrow!


Ahh, another lengthy post of mine, i hope you readers would give some constructive reply to my post though. = )

OooOoOo ya! BTW, My-Name-Is-Not-Emo reached 1000 hits milestone!!! wohoooo~ CHEERS guys! TQ to all the readers for da support!


Okay, its 3.05am, time for me to get some rest. Til me meet again~ Gnight



=Mr Zhong=

1 comments:

wave said...

bugger... u're expecially more racist than other ppl lorr... i admit on behalf of other malaysians tat we sure ve a bit of racism in us...
i rmb bout u give scenarios like 2 girls in the ocean one is chinese the other is indian, who will u save 1st...
another case is the whistle on the life jacket... zzzzz... 'keling yan chui gor' so kenot touch
lol.... =)

Search